Thursday, 1 August 2013

Politically motivated Gymnastics?

Ria took part in her second gymnastic competition recently.
It give us a chance to see how she's getting on 
And whether or not our money is being well spent ;)

Untitled

She did really well.
And came sixth.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled



Sadly she should have come higher, but there was obviously some political scoring going on, as a girl who forgot her entire floor routine and had to be reminded of the moves, came third!
How does that even work?
I'm pretty sure that you don't get medals at the Olympics for forgetting your routine... If anything you get disqualified.
Anyhoo, rant over, nothing I can do about it and Ria was chuffed to bits to be called up in sixth place in front of everyone, and she'd improved on her placement last year.
So long as she is enjoying herself and improving, that's the import at thing.

We'll see what happens next year... 


1 comment:

Annika B said...

Gosh, this reminds me of school. I hated gymnastics. I always wanted to play ball games, like the boys. But I admire anybody who's good at it, so very well done to Ria! She looks so earnest doing her routine!